The complete SEO solution for your WordPress website.
The SEO Framework is a reliable, accessible, unbranded, fully automated, and rigorously optimized SEO plugin for your website.
Without ads, distractions, and nonsensical functionality, this plugin delivers a time-saving SEO solution that truly helps your website rank.
- Comes preconfigured
The SEO Framework provides a suitable starting point for most websites via its AI. It also comes with over a hundred settings for you to tweak; learn how to manage this in our Setup guide.
- Is smarter than all others
The SEO Framework has an AI built in that listens to all that WordPress gives to automatically optimize your pages. This saves you a lot of time and makes it very easy to use.
- Has exceptional support
We don’t outsource our support. Instead, the developer of this plugin, with extensive knowledge of hosting, SEO, WordPress, theming, and plugin development is here for you. Over a thousand inquiries have been answered personally within 72 hours in the past four years.
- Leaves no room for errors
We focus on quality rather than selling you useless features. This means that this plugin performs faster, is more accurate, has fewer bugs, and is more sustainable than others. The added benefit is that your site is unlikely to get penalized by search engines.
- Is cleaner than all others
The SEO Framework is built for the small to large corporations and enterprises. The interface seamlessly integrates within WordPress, and interacting with it feels natural.
- Improves search presence
The SEO Framework ranks your website distinctively by enabling breadcrumbs for Google Search, and by automatically generating titles and descriptions according to Google’s guidelines. It also notifies Google, Bing, Yandex, and all connected search networks automatically of your website’s changes with its built-in sitemap.
- Improves social sharing
The SEO Framework automatically supports the Open Graph and Twitter Cards protocols, this helps your posts stand out when shared on various social networks.
- Helps you optimize your metadata
The SEO Framework is the only plugin that literally has pixel-perfect guidelines for Google Search. It took years of research to get this right, and this means you can manually optimize your pages without making critical mistakes.
- Creates a beautiful overview
On your post overview pages, you’ll find color-coded guidelines. They tell you how to improve when hovering over it with your mouse.
- Is completely accessible
We handpicked our color scheme so that people with any type of color-vision deficiency can distinguish these. Full keyboard-navigation support is also implemented.
- Is always doing it right
The SEO Framework steers you from making significant and common SEO mistakes. It also leaves little room for you to mess up because the plugin already does everything for you. It also automatically prevents duplicated content mistakes by enforcing strict canonical URL rules, which is something many other plugins don’t do.
- Follows best-practices and beyond
We built the plugin according to all WordPress coding guidelines. This means it neatly integrates with everything else made according to it, like bbPress and WooCommerce. This also means that the plugin is secure (there’s no record of exploits) and extensible.
- Is built with developers in mind
We encourage other developers to add functionality to this plugin. We’ve done so ourselves, already, with our extensions. Feel free to join in on our efforts!
- Respects your privacy
DO MORE WITH EXTENSIONS
For more advanced SEO tools and output, check out our free companion plugin Extension Manager. Many Premium, Essentials, and Free extensions are included, among others are:
- Focus helps you write targeted content with focus keywords, their inflections, and their synonyms. It is an indispensable addition for bloggers and businesses alike.
- Local helps you set up local SEO business information. This could expand your business’ “Knowledge Graph” card for local search listings.
- Title Fix fixes incorrect titles that are rendered by old themes.
Visit our Extensions overview page for more information.
UNBRANDED, FREE AND FOR THE PROFESSIONAL
The SEO Framework is unbranded! This means that we don’t even put the name “The SEO Framework” anywhere within the WordPress interface, aside from the plugin activation page. This plugin makes excellent use of the default WordPress interface elements, like as if this plugin is part of WordPress. No ads, no nags. The small and hidden HTML comments can easily be disabled with the use of a filter or extension.
Nobody has to know about the tools you’ve used to create your or someone else’s website. A clean interface, for everyone.
The SEO Framework goes further, behind the screens it:
- Prevents canonical errors with categories, pages, subdomains, and Multisite domain mapping.
- Stops SEO attacks that are caused by pagination exploits in WordPress.
- Discourages 404 pages and empty categories from being indexed, even if they don’t send a 404 response.
- Automatically notifies Google, Bing, and Yandex on website updates when sitemaps are enabled.
The SEO Framework allows you to manually set various values for each post, page, public CPT, and term.
And, this plugin allows you to adjust over 100 site settings, including:
- Automated title output options; they encourage you to follow the guidelines.
- Automated description output options.
- Schema.org structured data output options.
- Various robots meta output options.
- Many home page specific options.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest social integration options.
- Google, Bing, Pinterest and Yandex webmaster verification codes.
- Sitemap integration with personalization.
- Robots.txt sitemap integration.
- Feed anti-scraper options.
- And many, many more settings.
The SEO Framework has been built to go further than just itself.
Take a look at the API documentation located at The SEO Framework API Docs.
THE SEO BAR
The SEO Framework helps you to create better content, at a glance. By showing you:
- If the title is too long, too short, duplicated, and/or automatically generated.
- If the description is too long, too short, has too many repeated words and/or automatically generated.
- If the page is indexed, redirected, followed and/or archived, while looking at other WordPress settings.
We call this the SEO Bar. Check out the screenshots below to see how it helps you!
The code in The SEO Framework is highly optimized on PHP-level and uses variable, object and transient caching. This means that there’s little extra page load time from this plugin, even with more meta tags used.
A caching plugin isn’t even needed for this plugin as you won’t notice a difference; however, it’s supported wherever best suited.
The SEO Framework supports:
- PHP 5.4 and greater.
- WordPress 4.6 and greater.
- Internationalization through WordPress.org.
- UTF-8 character calculation and rendering, including Emoji and CJK.
- Right to Left (RTL) languages, through its interface and generation.
- Extended color vision deficiency accessibility.
- Screen reader accessibility and keyboard navigation.
- Multisite setups, this plugin is in fact built upon one.
- Detection of robots.txt and sitemap.xml files.
- Both current and old themes.
- Detection of various other SEO tools to help you switch graciously.
- Translation plugins like WPML, Polylang, WPGlobus, and MultilingualPress.
- WooCommerce, for free, in all its glory.
AN ADDITIONAL SITEMAP
The sitemap generated with The SEO Framework is more than sufficient for search engines to find posts, pages and supported custom post types throughout your website. It also listens to the
noindex settings on each of the items and works great with various translation plugins.
Via structured data, like what’s brought with the Articles extension, advanced sitemaps are no longer needed.
However, if you require a more expanded sitemap, feel free to activate a dedicated Sitemap plugin. The SEO Framework will automatically deactivate its Sitemap functionality when another (known) sitemap plugin is found.
The Breadcrumb script generated by this plugin on Posts will also make sure Google easily finds related categories which aren’t included in the Sitemap of this plugin.